– Phonemic awareness – children learn the necessary listening skills to become aware that speech is made up of sounds and that these sounds make words, syllables and phonemes.
– Phonics – each letter of the alphabet is introduced in its own lesson with a focus on reinforcing letter‑sound relationships and highlighting the alphabetic principle.
– Fluency – children develop the rapid word recognition skills essential for reading fluency, including learning to instantly recall crucial sight words that make up 50% of primary level books.
– Vocabulary – new words are introduced with visual support to provide context and increase word knowledge and retention.
– Comprehension – reading for meaning is the end goal of Reading Eggs. The programme includes over 3000 e‑books, each with their own comprehension quiz.